VERA ZIMMERMAN, PRINCIPAL
ACCESSIBLITY CONSULTANTS, INC.
Vera Zimmerman has specialized in providing accessibility consulting services for over 19 years. She is also an approved ADA specialist for both Host Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Worldwide. Her focus is on:
- The 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design (2010 ADA Standards)
- The ADA Standards for Accessible Design 28 CFR Part 36 Appendix A Revised July 1, 1994 (1994 ADAAG)
- The International Building Code (IBC) & ICC/ANSI A11.7
- Various State Requirements
ACCESSIBILITY CONSULTNING & DESIGN EXPERECE:
- Complete accessibility surveys and reports of several hundred facilities.
- Hundreds of surveys and reports with a focused scope such as areas in receipt of accessibility complaint, lawsuit or areas of planned renovation.
- Hundreds of plans reviews and reports (new construction and renovations).
- Hotels & Resorts - Including Host Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inns, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Large Amusement Parks & Water Parks
- Retail Outlets, Department Stores & Convenience Stores
- Restaurants & Bars
- Service Stations
- Grocery Stories
- Assembly Venues & Race Tracks
- Research Facilities
- Health Care Facilities
- Residential - Single Family & Multifamily Housing
- A complete list of projects/clients is available online at: www.accessibilityconsultants.net/projects.html
Vera Zimmerman’s experience provides clients with expertly tailored recommendations specific to their property and needs. She is accustomed to and works well with clients in need of an accessibility consultant due to various scenarios such as a lawsuit, DOJ investigation/consent decree settlement, complaint, renovation, new construction or in need of a due diligence site visit/summary report. She is consistent, dependable and meets and exceeds deadlines and expectations.
Within the past 19 years, Vera Zimmerman has provided accessibility consulting services to individual clients as well as a significant amount of work to other accessibility consulting firms in need of expert and confidential assistance. She also works well relaying technical information and providing assistance to attorneys, owners, project managers, consultants and architects/designers.
Vera Zimmerman earned her college degree in Interior Deign and while there served an internship with the Smithsonian Institutions Accessibility Program and Office of Design and Construction. Her work for the Smithsonian Accessibility Coordinator included surveys of museums, research facilities and exhibits, and participation in disability advisory committee meetings.
Vera Zimmerman has also devoted considerable time as a trainer for the Special Olympics, initiated a fundraiser benefiting the Design Industries Foundation for AIDS, and initiated and participated in several fund raising events benefiting Gallaudet University for the Hearing and Visually Impaired.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Interior Design, Housing and Property Management awarded in December 1995 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- August 1995-December 1995 European Studies Center and Architecture Study Abroad Program: Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Ireland & Germany.
- March 2004-Current: Accessibility Consultants Inc.
- May 1996-February 2004: Universal Designers & Consultants, Inc.
- June 1994-Aug. 1994: Smithsonian Institution - Accessibility Coordinator Program and The Office of Design and Construction Intern
“I've worked with Vera on a number of hotel projects - new build and renovations - over the last 10 years. Vera's in-depth knowledge of the A.D.A guidelines combined with her thorough plan reviews and report preparation allows the Owner to have a concise understanding of the A.D.A requirements for their project. She understands that most hotel owners have tight project budget and comes up with creative ways to implement the current A.D.A guideline and saves the owner money. With the ever changing A.D.A. guidelines, Vera is a true asset to any project team.”
Tien-Yueh B. Kubach
Resonance Advisors, LLC
127 S. Gulph Rd. King of Prussia, PA 19406
“Vera is one of the best ADA Project Managers with whom we at Chevron ever worked with. Her attention to detail, her commitment to excellence, and willingness to exceed expectations makes her one of the top professionals in her field. She brings excitement and enthusiasm to every task. She is a ready listener and learner. She will be a great asset to any client who hires her. Her work ethic is commendable and desirable to any firm. I highly recommend Vera, without any reservation.”
New Business Acquisition Specialist
Valley Pacific Petroleum Inc.
188 Frank West Circle Suite G
209-948-9412 ext. 560
“Who is the Vera Zimmerman I have known and worked with for more than 15 years? She is simply the best and most dependable professional in our field of expertise. Whether it be a design, a product, or a building, Vera will analyze its features and provide practical recommendations for compliance, functionality and aesthetics. You can put your trust in her knowing that she will exceed expectations – that's Vera!"
James A. DiLuigi, AIA, CSI
Access-Ability Consultants, Inc
Takoma Park, MD 20912